Missing or duplicate emails when "Stop Automated Field Updates from Suppressing Email Notifications" is enabled
Last updated Today ·Reference W-4540186 ·Reported By 58 users
When an action is performed that would result in an email notification being sent the recipient may receive duplicate email notifications or no email notifications when the "Stop Automated Field Updates from Suppressing Email Notifications" critical update is enabled.
There are a number of scenarios where the issue is observed when the "Stop Automated Field Updates from Suppressing Email Notifications" critical update is enabled. One such example:
1. Login as a System Admin
2. Enable the "Stop Automated Field Updates from Suppressing Email Notifications" CRUC
3. Enable the "Enable User Control over Task Assignment Notifications" setting under Setup | Activity Settings
4. Login as another user and go to your Settings
5. Enable "Email me when someone assigns me a task"
6. Log back in as the System Admin
7. Create the following process on the Task object:
Define Criteria for this Action Group
Criteria Name: no criteria
Criteria for Executing Actions: No criteria—just execute the actions!
Immediate Actions: Update Records
Action Name: update priority
Record: task that started the process
Criteria for Updating Records: No criteria—just update the records!
Set new field values for the records you update: Field: Priority, Type: picklist, Value: High
8. Create a Task
9. Update the Task and change the owner to the user in step 4.
10. Check the email inbox associated with the new Task Owner.
- New Task Owner receives two Task notification emails.
- New Task Owner receives one Task notification email.
No workarounds at this time.
If "Stop Automated Field Updates from Suppressing Email Notifications" is disabled and if task owner is being set in workflow or triggers, each unique process builder task process would generate task email notification. Suppose two process builder task process update any field and task owner is updated via workflow or trigger, we'll see 3 task email notifications sent.
Reported By (58)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.