No lookup popup window appears for a filtered lookup in a targeted search with filters enabled
Last updated 2020-04-06 ·Reference W-7294051 ·Reported By 2 users
In Classic targeted search that has filters enabled, when clicking on the magnifying glass button for a filtered lookup, nothing will happen. Expectation is the lookup popup window will appear.
Taking a look at the Chrome debugger console logs, you will see the following error:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'lookupControllerIds' of undefined
at UnifiedSearchPage.DetailPage.hook_getReferredDomIds (main.js:30069)
at UnifiedSearchPage.GenericSfdcPage.getReferredDomIds (main.js:5723)
If the lookup is not a filtered lookup, the lookup popup window will appear and you can select records.
1. In Setup for Case object, add a lookup field LookupTest. Target is Opportunity or any custom object. Include a lookup filter. For example:
* Field: LookupTest: Account ID
* Operator: equals
* Value/Field: Field
* Right textbox: Case: Account ID
2. Create a Case record if one does not exist.
3. In Classic, perform a global search for the Case record. Select Cases on the left sidebar to narrow the results to Cases only.
4. Click on the Customize dropdown button -> Filters For All Users.
5. Select the LookupTest field that you've recently created and move it to the Selected Fields section. Save the changes.
6. Back in the Cases search results, if you do not see the LookupTest lookup field, click on the Show Filters option to display it.
7. Click on the magnifying glass button next to the field. Nothing will happen.
Type the expected value in the text box rather than have it auto-populate from the lookup popup window
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.