Platform Encrypted formula field that references Person Account Email is displayed in ciphertext instead of cleartex in Lightning UI.
Last updated 2020-03-03 ·Reference W-7226042 ·Reported By 0 users
Formula fields referring to PersonEmail is displayed in ciphertext instead of cleartext in LEX.
This causes the field to display what seems garbled text to end users.
The issue only occurs when Person Account is enabled and creating a formula field before enabling encryption.
The issue doesn't occur if encryption on the organization is enabled first, before creating the field.
Steps To Reproduce:
1.Generate a tenant secret for Deterministic Encryption
2. Create Account record type, activate Person Account, then create Person Account record type.
3. Create a Formula field as Text referencing "Account.PersonEmail"
4. Enable platform encryption on Account.Email and Contact.Email.
5. Create a person account record and make sure the email field has a value.
6. Open the record in Lightning or SOQL via workbench, then you should see the ciphertext.
*NOTE: If the order between steps 3 and 4 is the other way around, this shouldn't occur.
The system administrator can edit and save the formula field (no actual changes required) and then run encryption sync.
This should make the values show up in cleartext.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.