Unable to create object pages in a Community where the custom lightning template it was created from no longer exists in the org
Last updated 2020-02-11 ·Reference W-7113255 ·Reported By 0 users
A user is unable to create object pages in a community where the custom lightning template it was created from no longer exists in the org.
1. From a sandbox create a Community in Experience (Community) Builder.
2. Export your community as a custom template.
3. Create a second Community based on the custom template created in step 2.
4. Using change sets deploy the second community to production but do not deploy the template itself.
5. Navigate to the Production org and deploy the community.
6. Go to All Communities > Workspaces > Administration > Settings. Confirm the template used is listed as "None".
7. Go to Community Builder for the new community in production.
8. Create a new object (any) page.
You will receive an internal server error (Id varies) and you will not be able to proceed in creating the object pages.
If creation of the pages is critical then you will need to open a support case with Salesforce in order for your community to be repaired. Please reference bug number W-7113255 in your case description.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.