Log in to Community as User action displays in Lightning Experience even though user is missing perms to log in
Last updated 2 days ago ·Reference W-7089279 ·Reported By 5 users
The Lightning Action "Log in to Community as User" is displayed on a Contact record even though the running user does not have the needed permissions to perform the action. Selecting this will result in an Insufficient Privileges error message.
1. Ensure you have an active Customer Community Plus or Partner Community user available in your org.
2. Navigate to an internal user profile and ensure that "Manage External Users" and "Manage Customer Users" are not enabled.
3. Navigate to a user that is assigned the user profile and login as the user.
4. Set the User Interface to Lightning Experience.
5. Navigate to the Contact record associated with the partner or customer user from step 1.
The Log in to Community as User action is still visible.
Note: This does not affected Customer Community user Contact records and the action will be correctly hidden from view.
Remove the action from the contact layout for the affected User Profiles.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.