Flow with pause element resuming from a platform event for Non-Admin throws Internal Server Error
Last updated 26 days ago ·Reference W-7252448 ·Reported By 4 users
When a flow with a Pause element resuming from a platform event is called via a non-admin accesses , it triggers an Internal Server Error
1. Create a flow
2. Add a pause element and have it wait on a platform event - no conditions necessary
3. Add an assignment after the wait so it can be saved and executed
4. Run flow from Flow Builder should result in waiting flow - no error.
5. Clone the standard user profile and give the profile Manage Flow (which will also provide view setup due to dependencies)
6. Create a new user and assign the new profile
7. Login as the new user with the Manage Flow profile you created
8. Go to flow builder and run the flow
Observe Internal Server Error/gack with access issue on data related to EventSubscription.
The issue is a matter of access and permission. You can invoke an apex class to call a subflow. This will make sure the subflow is run in system mode and will avoid the error.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.