Deploying community that references a nav menu which doesn't exist in target org returns error id: 365547801
Last updated 2019-11-27 ·Reference W-6764711 ·Reported By 2 users
Deploying a community that references a navigation menu variation that doesn't exist in the target org fails with an error-id: 365547801
1. Create a Customer Service lightning community e.g. "ThemeNavProblem".
2. In builder, create a new navigation menu (Settings > Navigation) e.g. "My Custom Menu".
3. Change the community's theme to 'Webster'.
4. On the home page, edit the 'Theme Navigation Menu' component, and change the 'Navigation Menu' to the new menu you just created in #2.
5. Using the metadata API, perform a retrieve of the SiteDotCom resource for the new community. Example package.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
6. Using the metadata API, try to deploy the metadata retrieved from #5 to an org containing a community of the same name but without the navigation menu.
Alernatively, in the org you created the community in, restore the navigation menu to default (#4), delete the new navigation menu (#2), and then try to deploy the metadata from #5 back to the org.
The deployment should fail with an error indicating that the navigation menu 'My Custom Menu" doesn't exist, -OR- we should fallback to the default navigation menu for the target community.
The deployment will fail with an Internal Server Error 2111664510-150809 (365547801).
To workaround the issue, we need to ensure that the target org contains a navigation menu named the same as the one selected in the source org. Alternatively, they customer could include the dependant navigation menu (Metadata type: NavigationMenu) with the deployed metadata package.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.