Community user session does not get timed out if there is CometD traffic
Last updated 2019-10-12 ·Reference W-6356588 ·Reported By 1 users
If there is a community which has Platform Event or Streaming API subscribed to PushTopic, even though there is no user activity, user session does not get logged out even after the community user profile session inactivity time frame.
1. Create a PushTopic/Platform event.
2. Create a lightning component subscribed to platform event or streaming api subscribed to the Push Topic channel
3. Create a community.
4. Assign members to the community using profile.
5. Under Session Settings of the community user profile, choose "Session Times Out After" - lets say, 30 minutes of inactivity.
6. Add this lightning component to the community.
7. Login to the community as the community user.
8. Do not do any activity for more than 30 minutes.
9. Community user does not get logged out.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.