Unexpected forecast behavior when deleting Partner Roles via API
Last updated Yesterday ·Reference W-6307959 ·Reported By 1 users
Forecast Manager experiences Insufficient Privileges error when excess Partner Roles are deleted via API (workbench) and Partner User rolls directly up to the Forecast Manager.
The Forecast Manager can go to the individual’s forecast but, the User’s Opportunities don’t display in the Admin User Team Forecast and they can’t view the Opportunities from their Forecast view.
1. Enable Communities and Step Up Community Setting with Number of partner roles : 3 Setup—> Communities Settings—> Set the “number of partner roles” to 3 —> save.
2. Ensure Full System Admin User is in the “CEO” role: Setup—> Roles —> “Set Up Roles”—> Next to CEO select “Assign” move System Admin to selected users
3. Ensure the Full System Admin User is set as the Forecast Manager: Setup—> Forecasts Hierarchy —> Next to “CEO” select “Edit Manager” —> Choose Full System Admin and Save
4..Create a Partner Account: Create Account Record —> Select “Manage External User” button—> “Enable Partner Account”
** 3 Partner Roles will be created for this specific account. “<Account Name> Executive”, Manager and User.
5. Created Partner Contact: From the Account—> Create a Contact record —> Once created, “Manage External User” —> “Enable Partner User” —> Select the “Partner User” Role and “Partner Profile” and check “Allow Forecasting” —> Save
6. Create Opportunity under Partner Account and change the Owner to Partner User —> Navigate back to Partner Account —> Create an Opportunity Record —> Fill in the “Amount” and “Stage” and “Close Date” —> Save—> Change Opportunity Owner to Partner User—> Save
7. Navigate to Forecasts Tab —>”Jump To” your Partner User’s Forecast
**Opportunities will display successfully
8. Delete Manager and Executive roles via Workbench or, Developer Console - Run the Query: SELECT Id,Name FROM UserRole —> Find the 3 Partner User Roles that were created —> Delete the Executive and Manager Roles (leave the User role)
**The Partner User now rolls directly up to the CEO/Admin User
10. Navigate to the System Admin’s Forecast
11. Click on the Quarter you’ve forecasted the Partner’s Opportunity to Close
12. Click on the Partner User
The Forecast Manager/system admin(CEO role) should be able to see portal user’s (whose parent roles were deleted via API) Opportunities in the forecasting oppty list
The Forecast Manager/system admin(CEO role) is not able to see portal user’s (whose parent roles were deleted via API) Opportunities in the forecasting oppty list
Removing the Partner User from the Forecast Role in the UI then, reassigning them back resolves the issue
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.