Editing article on Lightning Console closes out Case Subtab Window
Last updated 2020-01-21 ·Reference W-6221559 ·Reported By 2 users
When working on cases on Lightning Console if you edit an article, it closes out the case subtab window.
1. Login as Admin to your Org.
2. Enable Knowledge.
3. Enable Lightning Knowledge.
4. Enable knowledge for Admin User.
5. Create a knowledge article and publish it.
6. Create a lightning console app.
7. Edit Knowledge layout and add “Edit as Draft” lightning action/button to the layout.
8. Add Knowledge to the right sidebar in the lightning case page
9. Go to new "Lightning console app" you created above and open a case record in lightning console app.
10. Search a knowledge article from right side bar knowledge component.
11. This will open in a new sub tab. (Notice 2 sub tabs i.e. one for case and other for Knowledge article)
12. Click the “Edit as Draft” button in the knowledge article subtab. You will notice that the control is gone to first subtab and Case record subtab is overridden by Knowledge article subtab.
13. If you cancel the Edit article popup, you will see that the case subtab is gone and now you have 2 knowledge article subtabs.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.