Salesforce Mobile app - Lookup field values are not re-populated after Validation Rule check
Last updated 2019-12-17 ·Reference W-6117573 ·Reported By 4 users
Some of our customers have reported that after hitting a Validation Rule error in the Salesforce mobile app, and after opening the record again in the Pending Save section, any Lookup Field values are not retained from the original edit session. Text and other field values are retained.
This issue happens in Salesforce for iOS and Android.
1. Log into the Salesforce for iOS and Android app
2. Edit a record and input lookup field values
3. Ensure this edit / Save triggers a Validation Rule
4. Go to the Pending Save section and edit the record again.
5. Observe that other changes were retained, but the edit to the Lookup field is not.
The only workaround currently is to disable Salesforce Mobile Offline. Because the issue only occurs when using the Pending Save functionality, with Offline disabled the record is immediately presented to the user for edit. Lookup field changes are retained in this situation.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.