Spring 19- Community/Partner users not able to do fetch user via apex in a community
Last updated 2019-02-08 ·Reference W-5758101 ·Reported By 1 users
Spring’19 218 release - Partner users not able to fetch users via Apex "with sharing", in a Community with Control User Visibility perm enabled and OWD for External Access is set to Public for Users
Summary: Control Community User Visibility is Generally Available in Spring 19
SOQL - select Id,name from user where Id=’<internaluserID> will return 0 rows if internaluserID user is not member of same community as the community user
Expected: Partner should able to fetch users if apex component marked as with sharing and OWD for External Access is set to Public for Users
Login into a Spring 19 Sandbox org
To check if the Control Community User Visibility is enabled in an org.
NOTE- you do not need to enable this to replicate the issue
- Login as admin user
- Go to setup > All communities> Choose the community and click on workspaces
- Workspaces > Administration > Preferences.
- You will see the check box for “ See other members of this community”
- OWD for user object for External User sharing : Private
- Sharing Rule: Sharing rule should not be in place to share with community user.
- Internal Use you are querying in SOQL r: Internal User’s profile is not member of community
- Setup community with a Lightning Component.
- Create a Apex class without sharing and make a SOQL on user.
- Call the above apex class in your Lightning Component Helper.
- Use the above component in your Lightning Community on UI.
- Put a console debug statement for get the query result.
- Logged in as community user and confirm if user name returned in debug log.
- Use the following query in your apex controller on user object to get the result.
List<User> userList=[select Id,name from user where Id=:<External user ID>];
- The same setting and code will work in Winter 19 org
- Actual Results- 0 row returned
- Expected results- Query should return results
Contact Salesforce support and refer the KI to turn off “ Control user visibility within a community” feature.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.