Picklist field labels created via Dataset Fields Panel does not show up in downloaded CSV/Excel files
Last updated 2019-09-07 ·Reference W-5612526 ·Reported By 0 users
When a user overrides a picklist field label using the Dataset Fields Panel in a lens/explorer, the UI is correctly updated with the overridden values, but downloading the lens as CSV/Excel does not show the overridden labels and instead continue
to show API values in CSV/Excel.
* Set up a picklist field in any object, for instance "Forecast Category" in Opportunity
* Digest the field and register it into a dataset, and explore the dataset, the field will display API Name. This is the intended and expected behavior:
* Update the labels for the picklist field, click on "Fields", find the field we want, then "Edit Values"
* Select all of the values, and then click "Done"
* Then open each individual entry and update the Label value.
* Now, the lens will show the picklist Label value on wave analytics UI
* And downloading it to CSV or Excel via "Share" -> "Download" -> "Download in CSV Format" or "Download in Excel Format", the downloaded file still contains the original API name for the category field.
Export the CSV and do a find and replace on it.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.