XMD is not deploying updates to Conditional Formatting, when Namespaced Org is involved
Last updated 4 days ago ·Reference W-6127606 ·Reported By 10 users
Wave Analytics Metadata Deploy, not updating conditional formatting when namespace is involved. Customer is observing issues when deploying Wave Dashboard, conditional formatting/XMD.
Also Conditional Formatting XMD is appended instead of overwritten when a subsequent deployment is made on the same dashboard.
This will cause the XMD to be corrupted as duplicate entries are added.
1.) Create a Dashboard and deploy it to a target org.
2.) Add/Modify Conditional Formatting and push the update via Metadata API
3.) *Observe, Deploying XMDs in below scenarios are NOT pushing formatting:
Namespaced Org - to > - Non-Namespaced Org
Non-Namespaced Org - to > - Namespaced Org.
*Only Non-Namespaced Org - to > - Non-Namespaced Org is working as expected*
Issue 2 :
1) Go to Analytics Studio, click Create a dashboard.
2) Create a step on any dataset, Ex: use "Account" dataset with Bar length "Count of Row" and grouped by "Account Source".
3) In the dashboard area add a Chart component and drag the step created on it.
4) Click on the Chart and go to conditional formatting.
5) In CF section select the "Count of Row" and then BINs, define some color category.
6) Save the dashboard.
Go to Outbound ChangeSet and Create a ChangeSet including the created dashboard and the dependent XMD.
2 options to deploy : either propagate ChangeSet to some connected Org or Using workbench download the ChangeSet Zip. In below scenario workbench is used.
Using Workbench steps -
7) After downloading the ChangeSet extract the zip and open <dashboard>.xmd.
8) Just change the color hex value of measure BINs to something different (for the sake of just a change, first change is required).
9) Create the Zip again and deploy to the same Org using workbench.
10) Open/Refresh the dashboard in Studio and make some change in the UI (like resizing etc.) and Save the dashboard.
11) You will notice below error on the screen about duplicate measures:
"Found multiple measures with the same 'field' value: AccountSource_1.count "
None at this time. You can deploy your changes, but conditional formatting needs to to be updated manually.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.