Querying for a record using several fields fails/When performing an import a duplicate error message is produced, but the Id doesn't return a record
Last updated 2019-02-09 ·Reference W-5404093 ·Reported By 4 users
After a bulk import fails, the records that were not able to be imported may still exist in a queriable table, even though those record do not exist within the org.
This can cause issues when attempting to perform queries using multiple fields, as those fields do not exist on the queriable table, so the query fails, but querying only a few fields may return a record that doesn't exist.
This can also cause issues when importing, as some unique field values may still be populated on the queriable table, and a duplicate error may be returned when attempting to create this record again even though that record doesn't exist.
1. Perform a bulk import that will fail
2. Query for record Ids created during that period
3. Observe that you cannot navigate to some of these records within your org
4. Observe that queries on a subset of these Ids, involving more fields, will fail
1. Perform a bulk import that will fail, include unique field values in the import
2. After the import fails, fix the data to be imported
3. Attempt the import again
4. Observe duplicate error is produced for the unique field
If you are unable to import records due to this issue, please log a case with Salesforce Technical Support for assistance.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.