Session Timeout of 15 Minutes Kept Alive Past Expected Expiration
Last updated 25 days ago ·Reference W-7243427 ·Reported By 4 users
When the Session Settings and Profile are both set to a session timeout of 15 minutes, the session will stay alive for longer than this when there is no user interaction with the page. This appears to be caused by an internal callout related to the recycle bin which may be keeping session alive longer than intended.
1. Login to a fresh dev org
2. Go to Setup/Session Settings and set the Timeout Value to 15 minutes in the dropdown. Leave “Disable session timeout warning popup” and “Force logout on session timeout” unchecked.
3. Go the System Administrator Profile and change the “Session Times Out After” dropdown to “15 minutes of inactivity”.
4. Open the Developer Tools for your browser (Chrome in this case) and go to the Network tab, ensuring Record is on.
5. Do not interact with the browser tab for 15 minutes.
6. After the time has passed, attempt to navigate somewhere else on the page via link or refresh the page. You should see that you are still able to for some time past 15 minutes.
The only workaround at this time is to turn off all prompts created by Salesforce. This can be done by navigating to "/lightning/setup/Prompts/home", clicking "Prompt Settings", and then unchecking "Salesforce Standard Prompts".
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.