Global Search doesn't return result when Read privilege is granted to a user by a session-based permission set
Last updated 2020-02-10 ·Reference W-7101462 ·Reported By 2 users
When Object Read privilege is granted by a session-based permission set, global search doesn't return rows although there are matched rows.
1. Clone a standard user profile, and assign a user.
2. Add the "Manage Flow" permission to the profile. For testing this is necessary for the user to launch a flow by URL later, which will activate a session-based permission set for the user.
3. Edit FLS on Contact.Email, and remove access for the profile.
4. Create a session-based permission set which grants Read on Contact.Email, then assign it to your user.
5. Next, create a flow that the user can launch to activate the permission set for their user.
6. Return to Setup > Flows, select your flow then activate it, and copy the URL.
7. After this, login with your test user and execute the flow. Search for a contact record with a known email address, the record will not be returned.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.