Kanban - Controlling picklists available for grouping on Task list views despite being unsupported
Last updated 2020-02-06 ·Reference W-7088531 ·Reported By 10 users
Users are able to group on controlling picklists for Kanban in Task list views, though they are not supported. If such a grouping is created, users will experience the following error when attempting to drag a card between groupings:
Unfortunately, there was a problem. Please try again.
1. Create two picklists on the standard Activity object.
2. Create a field dependency between the two picklists.
3. Create a list view on the standard Tasks object.
4. Switch the new list view to Kanban.
5. Open Kanban Settings.
6. Select the controlling picklist as the grouping.
7. Attempt to move one of the cards to a different column and note the error.
Use another method to change the Task records' controlling picklist value.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.