Insufficient Privileges Error Occurs When Admin Attempts to View Email in Draft Status in Classic Experience
Last updated 2020-02-19 ·Reference W-7036748 ·Reported By 0 users
In Classic Experience, a System Administrator may receive an Insufficient Privileges or Data Not Available Error when attempting to view an Open Task that is an EmailMessage in draft status, although they can view this same record in Lightning Experience. This issue occurs specifically with Email Message Tasks created on Account and Opportunity Objects that were created via API.
Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create new Account or use existing Account ID; Note the account id
2. Open Workbench
3. Open Data -> Insert
4. Choose object type as 'Email message'. Select 'single record'
Provide details for the following fields:
a. Text body (Anything)
b. Status (5 for draft)
c. RelatedToId (AccountId from Step 1)
d. Subject (Anything)
e. From name
f. From address
g. To Address
4. Note the Email Message id that is created.
5. Login to Org as Secondary Admin (Who did not create the Email Message)
6. Open the Email Message in Classic Experience using the id from Step 4 and note that the System Administrator who did not create the record will see an Insufficient Privileges or Data Not Available error.
7. Attempt to view the same email message in Lightning Experience and the record will load as expected but the draft status cannot be edited from the User Interface.
Draft Status cannot be updated via the User Interface therefore a System Administrator can update the draft status is by updating via API using an API Tool (Workbench, ANT, ect..). The draft status of the email message must be changed from 5 (Draft) to 3 (Sent) and the ValidatedFromAddress field must be left blank in order to make the update. Please see the EmailMessage SOAP API Developer Guide for more information on draft status:
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.