Accessing file attachment in Lightning Console redirects to Classic when Feed is “Expanded”
Last updated 2019-09-07 ·Reference W-6035072 ·Reported By 4 users
Customers may have observed that users get redirected to Classic when they click on a ‘File Attachment’ within Case Feed, this happens when the feed has been expanded, if the user clicks on the file link WITHOUT expanding, a new tab opens in the same browser with a preview of the file.
1. Enable Lightning Console - https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=console_lex_service_intro.htm&type=5
2. Enable Case Feeds - https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=case_interaction_enabling.htm
3. Create a Case Record in Classic
4. Add an attachment
5. Switch to Lightning Experience
6. Navigate to the Case
7. Click on Feed
8. Click on the Attachment WITHOUT expanding the feed> you’ll see it opens a new tab with the preview
9. Expand the Feed and click on the attachment, it will redirect you to Aloha classic where you can view the Attachment Details page.
Actual Result Clicking on a File Attachment in Case Feed redirects to Aloha Classic with a URL similar to the following when Feed is EXPANDED
Expected Result Clicking on a File Attachment in Case Feed SHOULD NOT redirect to Aloha Classic and instead open a tab with a preview with a URL similar to the following when Feed is NOT EXPANDED
- Access the attachment without expanding the feed
- Access the attachment outside of the Lightning Console
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.