[Lightning] In LEX console article refreshing the whole browser page Remove top tabs.
Last updated 2019-09-27 ·Reference W-5338456 ·Reported By 14 users
- In Lightning console, articles with smart links with target such as _self, _top, _parent. When you click on this link, it will refresh the browser tab.
If you are creating a new record on other objects those work will get remove and not save.
-This can also occur when you have a case open and open an article within the suggested article. If you edit the article, the page will get refresh and the case will get removed.
1. Enable lightning and Lightnting knowledge
2. Add rich text field to knowledge object and to the knowledge layout
3. Create one article and publish it
4. Create another article with rich text filled with smart links to article created above one for each targets available
5. Create a lightning app with console navigation and add knowledge in objects and assign console app to the your user
6. Navigate to the console app created and to the draft article with the smart links
7. For target _blank and not set the smart link opens new tab as expected
8. For all other targets the whole lightning page refreshes which would loose the unsaved changes in other tabs
9/27/2019: This behavior has been addressed via the introduction of the following feature in Winter '19:
Set Targets for Lightning Smart Links
- Updated the Reference work item from W-5283495 to W-5338456.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.