Picklist values created by portal/community users encounter issues in copied sandboxes
Last updated 2019-03-13 ·Reference W-4814957 ·Reported By 4 users
Picklist values may occasionally be created by portal/community users via Apex Triggers. These values will not show up in Dev, DevPro, and some Partial sandboxes due to the fact that Contact data for the portal users is either not copied at all or dependent upon it being sampled in the case of Partial sandboxes. This can cause errors to be thrown when taking actions that attempt to access these values.
1. Create and run a trigger that will add values to a picklist, then have a portal user trigger this.
2. Note the newly created values in production and the portal user as the created by for the value.
3. Create a Developer sandbox.
4. In the sandbox go to the picklist, note that the values created by the portal user will not be visible.
5. Attempt to reorder the picklist values, this will fail with an error "Conflict Encountered during save, you attempt to save changes that conflict with changes of another user"
Other actions may throw a similar error but, this is one of the currently known ones caused by this.
Log a case with customer support to run a fixer on the sandbox, this will only work for that particular copy. Please ensure at least one active user has the standard System Administrator profile assigned to them.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.