Inbox Client (Mac Outlook) - Unexpected behavior with Read Receipts, Link Tracking, Duplication/Deletion of Text
Last updated 2018-08-31 ·Reference W-4893664 ·Reported By 3 users
With the latest iterations of Outlook for Mac, Salesforce Inbox is seeing unexpected behavior with some of the features including Read Receipts, Link Tracking, Duplication/Deletion of text as the user types in the body.
Confirmed to affect Outlook version: 16.11(180311), 16.12 (180410)
1. Compose a new or reply to an email with Read Receipts on
2. Enter a URL which auto-hyperlinks. Example: www.salesforce.com
Result: Inbox Sidebar will not show track links options
1. In certain scenarios when composing an email or replying with Read Receipts on, when typing in the body, the user may see the following:
- Duplicate text will appear, similar to a mirror effect
- A section of typed text will delete as the user types
Microsoft has acknowledged this issue as a regression. The solution is to get the latest Outlook for Mac build, which you can do following the steps in this Microsoft documentation: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/check-for-office-for-mac-updates-automatically-bfd1e497-c24d-4754-92ab-910a4074d7c1.
Alternatively, you can use Outlook Web Access, or turn off read receipts by default. You can turn read receipts off by default by going to the Inbox Settings page in the side panel (Settings | Outlook Settings | (Read Receipts - Automatically append a Read Receipt to new emails))."
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.