New Picklists Based off Global Value Sets are Non-Functional
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4462603 ·Reported By 0 users
Organizations may find that newly created Picklists based off global value sets are non-functional.
1. Login to a Spring '18 org.
2. Create a Support Process.
3. Create Case Record Type and associate it with the Process.
4. Create a Case record using that Record Type.
5. Create a Picklist Value Set with NO default value specified.
6. Create a New Picklist Field that uses that Value Set. (Ensure it’s included on assigned case layout)
7. Go to the case detail of the record created in step4.
8. Create another Picklist Field that uses that Value Set. (Ensure it’s included on assigned case layout)
9. Go to the case detail of the record created in step4.
New Picklist is editable.
The new picklist remains grayed out.
Assigning a Default Value to the Global Value Set will allow the picklist to function.
If a Default Value is *already* specified, re-save it (Edit / Save) to allow the picklist to function.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.