'Unknown Error' Adding 'Guidance for Success' to Sales Path
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4741915 ·Reported By 2 users
With a Sales Path set up on a custom field, attempting to add text into ‘Guidance for Success’ may result in a generic ‘An unknown error occurred’ message upon clicking the ‘Next’ button.
Editing or creating a New Sales Path based off of that same field (following prior path's deletion) may also result in the error.
1. Create a custom picklist field with a long name, such as "Opportunity Qualification".
2. Give the picklist two values: "value 1" and "value 2".
3. Create a record type for Oportunities. Make sure all the values of the picklist is selected for the record type.
4. Create a Sales Path associated with this picklist and the record type created above.
5. Type something in the ‘Guidance for Success’ of "value 1'.
6. Save the path. Then delete it.
7. Create the same path again and put something in the ‘Guidance for Success’ of "value 1'. Try to save it.
Able to proceed without error and changes to the Path will be saved.
An unknown error occurred. Please try again. If the issue persists, contact Salesforce customer support.
Proceeding to click ‘Finish’ will not save the Guidance for Success values.
None at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.