Spring '18 - Lightning Experience - Event reminders display a different time in Lightning notifications.
Last updated 2018-02-23 ·Reference W-4712386 ·Reported By 22 users
Some customers may have observed that post upgrade to Spring '18 their event reminders displayed time seems to be different when viewed in Lightning Experience.
Affected users have observed that the Event Start and End time displays correctly as per the Time Zone on the user record, but the event reminder itself displays a different time zone [ Notification Bell in the top right next to set up].
This happens under 2 scenarios:
1. User A (PST) creates and assigns event record to User B( EST) when logged in as User B, the reminder comes up as PST NOT EST.
2. User A (time zone is set to PST on the user record) creates an Event Record with a reminder and assigns to self, proceeds to change the time zone on the user record to EST, the reminder will now show PST instead of EST.
Note: Event Reminders was introduced as part of the Spring '18 Release. please refer to the following link for more information on the feature - https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring18/release-notes/rn_sales_productivity_calendar_event_reminders.htm
1. Log in as User A whose time zone is set to PST.
2. Create Event record and set reminder
3. Assign Event record to User B in EST
4. Log in as User B whose time zone is set to EST
5. Notice the time on the Event Reminder shows time zone of User A rather than the logged in user
1. Log in as User A
2. Make sure that the time zone on the user record is set to PST
3. Create an Event Records in Classic
3. Select a start time 20 minutes from your current time
4. check the Reminder checkbox and leave it to the default of 15 minutes | Save
5. Switch to LIghtning Experience
6. Keep an eye on the notification bell and when its time for the reminder, click on the notification bell
7. Click on event reminder to access your record and compare the start time, you’ll notice they are the same.
8. Now, change the time zone for the user record from PST to EST(New York) | Save
9. Repeat steps 5 – 6, you’ll notice that the time zone on the start/end field match that of the time zone you set.
10. Click on the notification bell and you’ll see it still displays the time in PST for the event reminder.
- None at this time, the time on the notification is static once it's been created--i.e., if your user time zone is PST when the notification is created and then you change it to EST, the time on the card will stay PST. However, if the user's timezone is EST when the notification is created, the time on the card will be EST.
Reported By (22)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.