Duplicate Activities displayed in the Timeline when clicking More Steps, after editing an Activity
Last updated 2019-04-17 ·Reference W-4677239 ·Reported By 12 users
When viewing the Activity Timeline on a record in Salesforce Lightning Experience, some customers may have observed that in certain situations, one activity record may be displayed multiple times in the timeline, after clicking on the "More Steps" option.
1. Log in to your salesforce organization.
2. Switch to Salesforce Lightning Experience, if needed.
3. Create an account record.
4. Create more than two tasks in the activity timeline under this account, in order for the "More Steps" button to become visible.
5. Click one of those tasks, to let the UI switch to task page
6. Edit "due date" or another field on the task
7. Click "Save"
8. Navigate back to account.
9. Click the "more steps" button in the Activity Timeline
7. Some tasks are presented twice in the timeline.
Refresh the page in your web browser.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.