Lightning 'Related Record' Component Errors on Inline Edit of Person Accounts
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4659849 ·Reported By 5 users
In Lightning Console Apps, attempting to inline edit a Person Account “contact” in the standard ‘Related Record’ Component associated with a Case record results in (1) an initially unresponsive edit attempt, followed by (2) a non-specific error.
In any 212 org w/ Person Accounts enabled:
1. Create a Person Account record (PA1).
2. Create 2 Case records (C1 & C2):
- Specify the Related Contact on C1 as a standard Contact.
- Specify the Related Contact on C2 as a Person Account "contact".
3. On the Lightning 'Case Record Page', ensure the standard 'Related Record' component is added w/ Lookup Field to "Contact Name".
4. Now, using a Lightning Console App, open Case 'C1'.
5. In the 'Contact Details' related record component, click the 'pencil' icon to inline Edit the Email field.
6. Make a change and confirm it Saves successfully.
7. Open Case 'C2'.
8. In the 'Contact Details' related record component, click the 'pencil' icon to inline Edit the Email field.
9. Notice that - at first - there is no visible response from the page.** (see ‘Actual Results’ below)
10. Click F5 to refresh the page.
11. Now, click the 'pencil' icon to inline Edit the Email field and notice it displays the edit form.
12. Attempt to update the Email field and Save.
Attempting to inline edit a related Person Account contact (1) is immediately responsive without the need for a page refresh and (2) updates save without error.
Page refresh allows inline editing to become available.
Then a non-specific "Review the following errors" error occurs on Save.
None at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.