Enable Customer User action does not auto populate Email, Username, or Nickname for users created from a Person Account
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4638903 ·Reported By 8 users
When you attempt to enable a Customer User from a Person Account, it will not auto populate the Email, Username, or Nickname on the User Creation screen.
1. Enable Person Accounts in an org:
i. Edit the 'Person Account Layout' page layout, and add the 'Email' field to it.
ii. For your current user's profile make sure to add 'Person Account' to the 'Accounts' record type list (Setup | <Profile> | Record Type Settings | Accounts).
2. Enable Customer Communities and provision suitable licenses for the org.
3. Switch to Lightning if you haven't don't so already.
4. Create a new Account, and when prompted, select the 'Person Account' record type in record type selection.
5. Populate all required fields as well as the 'Email' field, and save it.
6. Select the 'Enable Customer User' action.
You will see the new User page open and the Email, Username, and Nickname fields will be empty.
To workaround this, you can fill the fields in manually. The other option is to enable the Customer User in Classic.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.