Community Help Text May Fail to Display on Hover after Record Type Selection
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4282707 ·Reported By 6 users
In a Napili Community, tooltips may fail to display when initially hovering over Help Text. This specific issue occurs when a modal is opened to select a Record Type, prior to opening a related list's "New" entry form.
In a Communities-enabled Org:
1. Create a new object, BaseObj
2. Create a new object relObj
3. create 2 text fields , field1 and field2 , define help text for these fields, in field level security make these visible to all profiles.
4. Create a lookup field baseObjRef as a lookup to baseObj in field level security make this visible to all profiles.
5. Define 2 record types for this object recType1, recType2 do not make any of these default. Ensure you make all active.
6. create a new tab for baseObj
7. Use the tab above to create a new record for baseObj.
8. In your Napili service community
- create a NewPage -> Object Pages
- select BaseObj from the list and click create.
- click on navigation menu
- click "Add Menu Item"
- For type select Salesforce Object
- Object Type, select baseObj
- check publicly available.
- click publish.
- publish your changes
9. Navigate to the community as admin from the setup -> all communities by clicking on the URL.
10. Click on your new baseObj tab.
11. Click on the baseObj record you create earlier.
12. Click on "Related"
13. Click on new in the RelObj related items box.
14. Mouse over any ONE of the tooltips
Help Text is immediately displayed in foreground.
Help Text is hidden in the background for the first hovered-upon field.
Hovering on another field’s ‘i’ will usually bring all previously hidden Help Text to the foreground on subsequent hover.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.