Filtered Lookup field on edit record does not return results in Lighting
Last updated Today ·Reference W-4690111 ·Reported By 61 users
Inline editing or editing from the detail page of a filtered Lookup field will not show any results if there is a controlling field that is hidden or not on the record page layout.
Note: This Known issue has been re-opened and its scope has been expanded to include filtered lookups for both standard and custom objects in addition to user lookups.
1) Create two lookup fields on Opportunity object
1a) Add custom field myAccount as a lookup to account.
1b) Add custom field myContact as a lookup to contact.
1c) Add a lookup filter to myContact as: "Opportunity: MyAccount ID EQUALS Opportunity: Account Name ID"
2) Create new account named myAcct
3) Create new contact named John Doe and associate it to myAcct
4) Create new opportunity named myOppt and add myAcct to Account Name and myAccount lookup fields and save.
5) Remove myAccount field from page layout.
6) Switch to Lighting UI
7) Open myOppt opportunity record and try to inline edit or edit from the detail page. When searching for contacts in the myContact lookup field, no results will return.
Add controlling lookup field back to the page layout or use the Classic UI.
3/13/2018: This known issue was previously associated to Reference W-4509296 which was marked as closed. Despite the previous reference's work item being closed the issue is still present within the application and further work to correct the underlying cause is now being tracked via work item or reference W-4690111.
Reported By (61)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.