Unable to enable Lightning Experience due to an Internal Server Error
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4434023 ·Reported By 8 users
When you have a Permission Set that has the "Session Activation Required" setting checked and "Modify All Data" enabled assigned to a non-System Admin user, it can prevent you from enabling Lightning Experience in your Org.
1. Create a Standard User.
2. Create an Activation Only Permission Set by checking the "Session Activation Required" during creation.
3. Enable "Modify All Data" on the Permission Set and assign the Permission Set to the Standard User in step 2.
4. Log out and log back in as a System Administrator.
5. Go to Setup and click the "Get Started" button in the Lightning Experience Migration Assistant.
6. Go to the last step, "Turn It On" and Enable Lightning Experience.
To workaround this, you will need to unassign the Activation Only Permission Set from all users. You should then be able to enable Lightning Experience. Once Lightning Experience has been enabled in the Org, you can then reassign the Activation Only Permission Set back to the users.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.