Submitting approval process in Email Message generates an error when a EmailMessage validation rule fails
Last updated 2019-03-15 ·Reference W-3174934 ·Reported By 6 users
Validation rule is available in EmailMessage entity after Summer'16.
However, it doesn’t work when Approval process is submitted.
The data you were trying to access could not be found. It may be due to another user deleting the data or a system error.
1. Enable Email-To-Case
2. Enable Case Feed Tracking
3. Enable Email Draft
4. Define Approval process for EmailMessage
- Setup->Workflow and Approvals->Approval Process
- Select "Manage Approval Processes For" -> EmailMessage
- Create New -> Jumpstart wizard
- Give a name
- In "Select Approver", select "Automatically assign to approver(s). " -> User and select a user
- Activate the process
5. Define Validation rule in EmailMessage
- Setup->Customize->Email->Email Message->Validation Rules
- New, give a name
- Active: Selected
- Error Condition formula: CONTAINS(TextBody, 'test')
- Error Message: Invalid text
6. Configure Case layout to have Email publisher
7. Open a Case. Email publisher should show "Send for Approval" button
8. Add To address and Subject
9. Add "test" to email text body
10. Click on "Send for Approval"
There is no workaround in this moment.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.