Process Builder Error Messages Improving
Last updated 2018-06-09 ·Reference W-4611698 ·Reported By 5 users
When Process Builder processes fail due to a validation rule, rather than displaying the validation message, users are faced with a 'workflow failed to trigger a flow' message, which can be confusing to users. This is to track an improvement to these messages which will also include the validation message, along with the flow failure information.
1) Create a process builder on Account
2) Create a field update action on this process which updates Opportunity records by changing the "Amount" field to $1
3) Activate the process
4) Create a validation rule on Opportunity with the formula "Amount = 1"
5) Create an account record and an opportunity record (ensuring the amount is not equal to 1 on the opportunity)
6) Update the account - this will cause the process to fire, and update the opportunity, triggering the validation rule. Instead of the validation error message, you will only get a flow error message.
Ensure processes do not have actions that would invalidate data. Alternatively, check the error email that gets sent to the admin for more information on the flow failure.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.