Reports with Cross Filters return error message in Lightning Experience
Last updated 2018-06-09 ·Reference W-4728730 ·Reported By 8 users
In Lightning Experience, when editing reports that contain cross filters, users may receive an API error message that states "Specify a valid related object".
1. Using Lightning Experience, navigate to an existing report (or create a new one).
2. Edit the report.
3. Add a Cross filter with or without a Secondary Object.
4. Click Apply and notice the error message, "Specify a valid related object".
1. Using Lightning Experience, navigate to an existing report that contains cross filters. Customize the report.
2. Toggle to the Filter panel and notice the error message, "Specify a valid related object".
Close the error box and continue working.
The error message does not prevent "save" or "view" functionality.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.