Unable to open a case record in Lightning, receiving error (775257821) when the page includes 'Related List - Single' Article component
Last updated 2018-06-09 ·Reference W-4800121 ·Reported By 8 users
In Lightning, a Case record that includes "Related List - Single" component set to Articles and the User accessing the page does not have Read access to Knowledge, a Gack is thrown (775257821)
Enable Knowledge (only available in Classic Setup)
Sign up using Developer/Professional licence so we can enable Knowledge.
Classic Setup -> Knowledge Settings - > tick checkbox -> click Enable button -> click OK on alert
Classic Setup -> Knowledge Settings - > tick checkbox for 'Enable Lightning Knowledge' -> save changes
Setup Lightning Page
- Create a test Case record
- Edit the page and add a Related List (single):
-Parent Record: use this case
- Related List: Articles
- Setup Page Layout
- Edit the page layout for Case
- Drag the 'Articles' block under 'Related Lists' to the related list section so we can use the component added in the previous step.
- Create a second test user
- Edit the user and uncheck 'Knowledge User' under 'User Detail' and save changes.
- As admin user, login and create a case record. Observe the page loads successfully with the RL for Articles.
- Login as the second test user. View the same case record. Observe the gack.
Create custom layouts for affected users without Knowledge access.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.