Changing the record type does not always reload the actionsRibbon component for that record type
Last updated 2018-06-09 ·Reference W-4332927 ·Reported By 1 users
Changing the record type does not always reload the actionsRibbon component for that record type so the buttons displayed might be incorrect until you refresh the page (one or multiple times).
1. On the Campaign object, create 2 record types based on Status and Type
2. Create a custom button (Detail Page Button) on the Campaign entity to display a Visualforce Page:
3. Clone the Campaign layout and add the above custom button to the "Campaign Detail" section
4. Assign Page Layouts: let one record type use the default layout and the other should use the layout with the custom button
5. Create a Campaign record
6. Change the status so that the layout with the custom button should be used
7. Observe the issue when switching between statuses: the custom button might not be present when expected and, conversely, may display when not expected also.
Note this is not exclusive to Campaigns.
Refresh the page.
Reported By (1)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.