Salesforce Field Service Lightning Android Mobile - App crashes when trying to make a post with a file attachment other than image or video.
Last updated 2020-02-25 ·Reference W-4401817 ·Reported By 4 users
For Technicians who are using Salesforce Field Service Lightning Android Mobile app and trying to make a post with a file attachment other than image or video, the app crashes.
The issue occurs with file types such as pdf/doc/csv/xml/txt/rtf etc. except for image (png, jpg, jpeg) and video (.mp4) files.
1. Log into Field Service Android app and open any Service Appointment.
2. Go to the Feed tab, then tap "Create A New Post"
3. Tap the camera icon, then select Gallery
4. Try to attach any file type such as pdf/doc/csv/xml/txt/rtf etc.
5. Notice the app will hang or crash
Use the FSL Android app to attach only image or video files till the issue gets fixed, and use the Salesforce mobile app or browser based Full site to attach any other file types.
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.