Data Loader "Query request size" always defaults to 500 regardless of value specified in settings
Last updated 2018-07-12 ·Reference W-4613640 ·Reported By 3 users
When using the Data Loader to run an export (query()) and/or export all (queryAll()) operation, the value set in Data Loader's "Query request size" setting is not being honored or used and batches are being processed using the default value of 500 rows or records.
SOAP API Developer Guide - QueryOptions documentation states:
"The default is 500; the minimum is 200, and the maximum is 2,000. There is no guarantee that the requested batch size requested is the actual batch size; changes are sometimes made to maximize performance."
However, if a different value within those limits and other than the default of 500 is specified, the batches will always process in increments of 500.
- Download and install Data Loader to your local machine:
- Ensure that you have at least 1500 records in an entity (object) for export like Accounts for example.
1. Open Data Loader navigate to Settings | Settings and set Query request size = 200
2. Select the Export function and login
3. Click Next > | Select Detail Account (Account) | Browse... and select a location and file name for your export | Next >
4. Select the Id field and Finish | Yes
Actual Results: You'll find that the export or query processes in batches of 500 records.
Expected Results: The export would process 200 record at a time since Query request size = 200
You may opt to use an alternative client tool such as Workbench in order to export using a specific batch size.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.