Incorrect Compact Layout on 'Contact Name' Initial Hover (associated w/ Person Account) from Cases
Last updated 2018-05-05 ·Reference W-4462182 ·Reported By 0 users
Initial hover on the ‘Contact Name’ field (associated with a Person Account) from a Case record, incorrectly displays the Compact Layout associated with Contacts instead of the Compact Layout associated with Person Accounts.
In any org with Person Accounts enabled:
1. Beginning in Classic: From Setup | Contacts, create a NEW 'Compact Layout' with 2 unique included fields.
2. Save it and set it as Primary in Compact Layout Assignment.
3. From Setup | Person Accounts, create a NEW 'Compact Layout' with 2 unique included fields.
NOTE: Make sure these 2 fields are *different* from the ones in Step 1.
4. Save it and set it as Primary in Compact Layout Assignment.
5. Edit the Case Page Layout assigned to your user and ensure BOTH the 'Contact Name' & 'Account Name' fields are included on the layout.
6. Create a New Person Account Record.
7. Create a New Case Record, being sure to populate both the 'Account Name' and 'Contact Name' fields with the Person Account created in Step 6.
8. Still in Classic, view the newly created Case record.
9. Hover over the 'Contact Name' & 'Account Name' fields and confirm the expected Person Account Compact Layout is displayed.
10. Now, switch to Lightning Experience.
11. Locate the Case Record.
12. Specifically hover over 'Account Name' and confirm the expected Person Account Compact Layout is displayed.
13. Finally, hover over 'Contact Name' and notice the displayed Compact Layout.
Person Account Compact Layout should be displayed.
CONTACT Compact Layout is displayed *instead* of the Person Account Compact Layout.
If you hover over 'Contact Name' a second time, the correct compact layout will be displayed.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.