LFO - Error thrown during authentication:"Try again,or contact your administrator and mention we couldn't validate the Exchange identity token"
Last updated 2018-08-31 ·Reference W-4020213 ·Reported By 9 users
When trying to authenticate Lightning for Outlook on Office365, User receives error: "We encountered a problem. Try again, or contact your administrator and mention we couldn't validate the Exchange identity token."
NOTE: This error only occurs on Germany Cloud hosted (DE Hosted) Office365 from 'Telekom Cloud' by hosting in German data centers, who use below login URL to login on Office365:
1. Open any browser and type URL: https://outlook.office.de
2. Use your credentials to login to Office365 Account:
3. Select any Email and click on 'Lightning for Outlook' plugin (add-in).
4. Click on 'Login to Salesforce' and use your Salesforce credentials to login.
5. Click on 'Continue'.
6. Verify the error displayed - "We encountered a problem. Try again, or contact your administrator and mention we couldn't validate the Exchange identity token."
There are no workarounds available as the issue is specific to Microsoft who are not sending us correct Metadata URL for .de-hosted server in JWT.
Expected URL: https://outlook.office.de/autodiscover/metadata/json/1
Actual URL: https://outlook.office365.com/autodiscover/metadata/json/1
We are co-ordinating with Microsoft to fix this problem at their end.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.