Winter '18: 'Save' Button Intermittently Non-functional in Winter '18 Communities
Last updated 2017-09-22 ·Reference W-4329648 ·Reported By 6 users
Customer may find that their Save button becoming intermittently non-functional when Editing or Creating records in Winter ’18 Communities.
The behavior can be consistently reproduced after a record has been accessed by direct URL, although it can occur by other means, as well. When the issue does occur, it prevents users from Editing records and Creating new ones because clicking the 'Save' button has no effect.
1. Login as an Admin.
2. Enable Communities.
3. Create a new templated Community (such as Napili).
4. Using Builder, add Cases to the Navigation Menu.
5. Make sure the Community is Activated & Published.
6. Now View / Login to the Community (as the Admin OR an enabled Contact – it doesn’t matter which).
7. Go to the Cases tab.
8. Create a New Case and confirm you can Save the record.
9. Next, Edit that Case and, again, confirm you can Save the record.
10. Now, copy the Case URL and click on Home in the Navigation Menu.
11. Paste the Case URL to return to the Case record.
12. Finally, click Edit on the Case and then try to click the Save button.
Click on the Cases tab and try to Save a New Case.
Save button is always functional and saves new records or changes.
Save button becomes non-functional after navigating to a record via direct link.
Users are no longer able to make Edits or create New Records.
1. Log out and then log back in to make the needed changes.
2. Until this is fixed, consider temporarily disabling "Enable secure and persistent browser caching to improve performance" located under Setup | Session Settings.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.