Process Builder updates Task - WhoId field only through inline edit but not through normal edit
Last updated 29 days ago ·Reference W-3008105 ·Reported By 24 users
In some cases the WhoID field not updated through Process builder when Task is edited using normal edit but works just find when using inline edit.
1. Click on setup > Quick search > Process Builder > New
2. Enter Process Name and API Name and hit save.
3. Click on "Add Object" node and Choose Task Object. Select "when a record is created or edited" for "Start the process" field. Hit save.
4. Click on "Add Criteria", Provide Criteria name and select "No criteria - just execute the actions!"
5. Click on "Add Action" under "Immediate Actions" node and select "Update Records" as Action Type. Provide Action Name.
6. Choose "Select the Task record that started your process" for Record Type.
7. Select "Name ID" field, Type as Global Constant and Value as "$GlobalConstant.Null"
8. Click on "Add Row" and select "Description" as Field, String as Type and provide "Test Description" as Value.
9. Hit save. Click on Activate at the top left hand corner and Confirm in the confirmation dialog.
10. Now, create a new Task. By Selecting Account as Related To type and any account object. Also choose some Contact and Hit save.
11. Ideally, the "Name" should be set to null as the process builder is updating the Name ID to null. Also notice that Description (Comments) is updated to the value we set in the Process Builder.
12. Now edit the record using Edit button, change Description/Comments to some value and hit save. Notice that still Name ID(WhoID) is not blanked out whereas description/Comments got updated.
13. Now edit the same task using inline edit and hit save. Notice that "Name ID" got updated to null.
User should use inline edit to avoid this issue.
Reported By (24)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.