Inline editing of a locked record can be initiated in Lightning, but does give the "Record Locked" error on save
Last updated 6 days ago ·Reference W-3171096 ·Reported By 97 users
When a record is locked for an Approval Process in Lightning Experience, inline editing can be initiated but does give the "Record Locked" error on save.
In Salesforce Classic, inline editing is completely locked out when a record is locked for an Approval Process.
1. Create an Approval Process for an Opportunity in Setup
2. Create an Opportunity and submit it for approval
3. Navigate to the Opportunity in Salesforce Classic
4. Notice that inline editing is not possible
5. Switch to Lightning Experience
6. Navigate to the same Opportunity
7. Notice that you are able to initiate inline editing, but unable to save
There are no workarounds for this at this time.
Reported By (97)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.