Users Without "View Setup and Configuration" Cannot Access Visualforce Components in Lightning Experience
Last updated 2018-10-08 ·Reference W-3202827 ·Reported By 47 users
When a Lightning Page contains both a Custom Lightning Component AND a Custom Visualforce Component, users without the "View Setup and Configuration" system permission may be unable to access the page.
1. Clone "Standard User" profile and disable "View Setup and Configuration" perm
2. Create a new user which has the above cloned profile
3. Configure My Domain
4. Create the following Visualforce page
Name : Helloworld
* enable "Available for Salesforce mobile apps and Lightning Pages"
5. Create the following Lightning Component
Name : HomePageComponent
<aura:component implements="flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global" >
6. create the following Lightning Page
Type : Home Page
Template : Standard Home Page
Lable : Test Home Page
7. add the above Visualforce and Lightning Component as follows
* add Lightning Component to the Top region
** add Visualforce to the Left side region
8. activate the above Lightning Page and set it as default home page
9. enable Lightning Experience
10. login as the above user which was created in Step 2
11. switch to Lightning Experience
NOTE: Alternative repro can include VF Components as subtabs on a Lightning Record Page.
Page is accessible to User.
Error: The page no longer exists. Try reloading it. If the problem persists, contact Salesforce support.
1. Grant "View Setup & Configuration" permission to affected users.
2. Ensure Visualforce components are above/before Lightning Component in Lightning Page Layouts (if applicable).
3. Remove either the Visualforce or the Custom components from the affected Layout.
Reported By (47)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.