Lightning Sync - Sometimes Chatter contacts sync even if they don’t meet additional object or field filter criteria added by the Admin
Last updated 27 days ago ·Reference W-7030580 ·Reported By 0 users
On Lightning Sync configurations, Salesforce admins can define sync settings for contacts or events.
The behavior of the "Sync contacts users follow in Chatter " setting differs depending on the other data set settings selected.
- When admins select the option Sync: All Contacts, Sync contacts users follow in Chatter, with additional object or field filters specified records sync to Microsoft or Google only if they meet the additional object or field filters that admins set.
- When admins select the options Sync: Selected Contacts and User’s Records, contacts users follow in Chatter records sync to Microsoft or Google, even if the contacts don’t meet the additional object or field filters that admins set.
If these settings are defined on the Lightning Sync configuration, all Contacts that a user owns with a 'USA' mailing country are synced, plus all Contacts that the user is following in Chatter:
1. Under Filter by Record Ownership, Selected Contacts and Users’s Records are selected.
2. An additional filter is created for the Contact object on the Mailing Country field, equal to 'USA'.
3. Under Other Contacts to Include, Sync contacts users follow in Chatter is selected.
However with the "All Contacts" filter and the same same settings as #2 and #3, only Contacts that are followed in Chatter that match #2 and #3 criteria will sync.
There is no workaround for this behavior right now. Salesforce is working towards a fix for this issue.
Reported By (0)
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.