Lightning Sync - Modification to events in Salesforce do not sync to Outlook or Gmail if attendees are present
Last updated 4 days ago ·Reference W-6590725 ·Reported By 7 users
Sometime when the user creates an event in Salesforce with attendees while conflict settings is set to "Exchange always Wins", the event syncs with Exchange for the first time, however, on updating the same event in Salesforce, Exchange always wins conflict resolution might override changes made in Salesforce and the event does not get updated in Exchange/Outlook.
Also, it reverts the updated details to the originally created information (information which was entered while creating the event record).
Root Cause: "Exchange always wins" conflict resolution or invite acceptance in Exchange might override changes made in Salesforce.
1) Make sure conflict behaviour for the Events is set to "Exchange always Wins"
2) The user creates an event in Salesforce with attendees.
3) Confirm that attendees got the event invite and accept it.
4) Check in Salesforce org that Green checkmark is enabled in event record (in Salesforce) next to the attendees.
5) Now change event start/end dates or any other syncing fields values in Salesforce, and save the record.
6) Wait for some time and you will see that the Event update does not sync with the Exchange/Outlook and the updated content will also be reverted to the original (information which was entered while creating the event record).
Use Outlook/Gmail calendar to make updates to meetings with attendees.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.