Overriding a global method on a global class is throwing error 'Method does not override an ancestor method' when upgrading to new version in subs org
Last updated 2017-07-28 ·Reference W-3048718 ·Reported By 2 users
Overriding a global method on a global class is throwing error 'Method does not override an ancestor method' when upgrading to new version in subscriber org
1. We create a Package that contains
SubClass extends BaseClass
2. Publish version 1.0 and install Package/1.0 in a subscriber org
3. In the subscriber org, we create
CustomerClass extends SubClass override baseMethod
4. We update Package to
override baseMethod in SubClass
5. We upload a new version of the Package (2.0)
6. Package/2.0 is installed in the subscriber org
7. We compile all classes in the subscriber org, which shouldn't fail, but we get a failure of 'Method does not override an ancestor method'
In order to resolve the error, you must change the version settings on CustomerClass in subscriber org to reference version 2.0 of the managed package, instead of version 1.0.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.