EnableActivities and EnableReports settings are disabled on updating a custom object via MetaData API
Last updated 2019-02-11 ·Reference W-3035712 ·Reported By 8 users
EnableActivities and EnableReports settings are disabled on updating a custom object via the Metadata API if the settings are excluded from the Metadata XML
1. On any object (e.g. MyCustomObject__c), enable the ’Allow Reports’ and ‘Allow Activities’ settings under ‘Optional Features’.
2. Perform a MetaData API retrieve (e.g. ant) on the custom object.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
3. Edit the retrieved metadata XML (e.g. MyCustomObject__c.object), and remove the elements “<enableReports>true</enableReports>” and “<enableActivities>true</enableActivities>”.
4. Deploy the metadata back to your org.
5. Open the custom object definition again in the UI Or check the Audit Trail.
6. You can see the changes reflected as
"Changed Enable Reports setting for custom object MyCustomObject from on to off. "
"Changed Activities setting for custom object MyCustomObject from on to off. "
Go to the Custom Object from the UI , Under Optional Features, Re-Enable the Features.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.