When a chat visitor uploads a file that is too large, an error does not appear on the visitor side
Last updated 2018-10-13 ·Reference W-5230911 ·Reported By 2 users
Chat visitors do not see an error when uploading an image to chat (around 25MB), unless they use Internet Explorer. The error is not appearing in other browsers at this time.
For Set Up:
1.Create basic Live Agent Deployment
- Assign to admin
3.Create LA button
- Routing Type: Least Active
- Add newly created Skill
4.Create LA Configuration
-Ensure Agent File Transfer Enabled is checked
-Assign to Admin
-Include Live Agent in this app
-Ensure that a record opens upon chat creation (in order to attach the file to something), such as Case.
6.To generate test chats, create test .html button or VF page, by adding new button and deployment code.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Using Chrome, login as the administrator, switch to console app and go Online in the Live Agent widget
- Generate a test chat in a separate window using your .html button or VF page
- As the administrator, Accept the chat
- When the case opens with the chat, make sure it is saved, so that you can request a file transfer
- Select Attach File icon (Attach a file to case ## appears, select this)
- As the chat visitor, when prompted to “Upload or drag your file here.” Upload any file greater than 25MB
- No error appears
- A grey bar appears in the chat log, but does not show any signs of failure
None at this time.
Is it Fixed?
Any unreleased services, features, statuses, or dates referenced in this or other public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase our services should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available.